Recipe by GaylaV
This is a wonderful little recipe that I found on sparkpeople. It was submitted by KERYRL. Quick, diet friendly and so so good! I have used the frozen, uncooked shrimp for this and it worked great but fresh are def. better! Serve with a nice salad and you have a sensational dinner.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
I had a recipe planned for my shrimp but then DS ate my bell peppers as a snack! I found this very simple, on-hand ingredient recipe & made it instead. We were sort of on the fence with this one though. It's good, but without the crushed red pepper there just wouldn't be much flavor. We usually eat pretty spicy (sometimes even my toddler can), so I used about 3/4 TBL and it was almost too much. DD just ate the noodles with butter but the rest of us ate it all. Definitely a winner for quick, easy, weeknight dinner but it felt like a little something was missing. However, the kitchen smelled delicious while it cooked! :) Thanks for sharing, Gayla!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (I used about 1/2 tblsp.)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 4 green onions, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta to al dente.
- In a non-stick skillet combine shrimp, oil, pepper and garlic.
- Cook until shrimp is pink. (Do NOT overcook the shrimp).
- During the last 2 minutes of cooking add the wine and let the alcohol cook out.
- Toss the shrimp mixture with the pasta, top with green onions and serve.