Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This cookie is somewhat like a tender, sweet cracker. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar; add vanilla, salt and egg and blend well.
- Add flour.
- Roll out 1/8" thick and cut with a cookie cutter.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and tuck a single piece of shredded citron in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.