Recipe by mollypaul
This cookie is somewhat like a tender, sweet cracker. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- citron, shredded (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar; add vanilla, salt and egg and blend well.
- Add flour.
- Roll out 1/8" thick and cut with a cookie cutter.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and tuck a single piece of shredded citron in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.