- Ready In:
- In a standard Mixing bowl, Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the rosewater and blend thoroughly.
- Sift together the 2 cups of flour, nutmeg, and salt and stir into the butter until the dough holds together.
- With your hands, gently knead in enough of the additional flour to make a smooth ball.
- of soft dough.
- Roll out on a floured board to the thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Cut large round cookies with a glass or cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a greased sheet or one lined with parchment paper and bake in a 300° F oven for approximately 15 minutes, or just until done; they must be white, not brown.
- Remove the cakes to a rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello, <br />I am a southerner, born and raised here in the deep south. I have many interest and you could probably call me a jack of all trades, master of none! Currently I am a school bus driver, before that I was a Costumer and manager/ buyer for a Costume shop, before that I spent a few years as a graphic designer. For the past 15 years in my free time, I have studied Medieval history and hope to one day get a degree in it. <br />I have 4 wonderful kitty's who allow me to live with them If I bribe them with food. Hehe, other wise they mutiny! I love snow skiing, mountain climbing,and archeology digs,most of which are not conducive to the south, so Its a good thing I love to travel! <br />Of course I love to cook and horde recipes like they are gold, I am also a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism's (SCA), where I am a baroness, painter of manuscripts, and leader of the local group. Thus my name. <br />One of the things I like doing in the SCA is cooking period food for 300 or so of my friends, after researching recipes and redacting them to suit modern taste. I have always been interested in different cultures and food is a wonderful way to experience a taste of someone else's world. Thats when I found Recipe ZAAR, and I have been enjoying new friendships and some great food here! <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /></p>