- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 yellow squash, shredded
- 2 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups cold cooked long-grain rice (or brown rice)
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons other soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow the oil to get hot in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, carrot, zucchini, yellow squash, scallions, garlic, and ginger.
- Stir/saute for 2-4 minutes or until the vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Add in the rice and tamari; cook for 3 minutes, stirring and breaking up any clumps of rice.
- Adjust seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, pepper flakes, etc -- ).
- Serve hot.