Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Get ready for RAVE reviews! These are fabulous and could NOT be easier. If you like Tex-mex, add this to your cookbook. VERY easy to do!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 473.18 ml sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 236.59 ml brine, from pepperocini jar
- 1 sweet onion (sliced)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 473.18 ml lettuce (shredded)
- 236.59 ml cheese (shredded)
- 236.59 ml tomatoes (diced)
- 1 package flour tortilla
- Combine chicken breasts, pepperoncinis w/brine, onion, and taco seasoning in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Using 2 forks, shred chicken in crock pot.
- Serve on warmed tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.
This is recipe is sooo easy and so good! I also add jalapenos. The taco seasoning (if buying) that works best is Ortega Taco Jalepeno & Onion. It hits the spot!
I had asked my boyfriend to shread the meat before I got home, so that I could get ready for the party we were going to. He of course had to try it, LOVED IT, and then decided we hadn't made enough because everyone would want double helpings. He then made an entire second batch himself. So, not only was it fantastic, but my boyfriend could even make it on his own. Thanks for suggesting it!
I really wanted to give this a lot more stars. We did like the tacos. The chicken was so very tender & you can't go wrong with any of the ingredients. I buy pepproncinis by the gallon jar at Costco & usually just eat them raw, but I think there might have been some other flavor missing. I halved the recipe due to the amount of chicken I had & how many I was feeding but other than that, prepared as directed. We'll try this one again but with some tweaking for our family's tastes. Thanks for sharing, Theresa!