Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Shredding the sprouts brings on a new look and texture.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or 2 tbs olive oil and 2 tbs butter)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup pine nuts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Remove root end and core from brussels sprouts, cut in half and thinly slice.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium-high heat. Add prosciutto. Sauté until beginning to crisp. Add sprouts and garlic; sauté for 3 minutes. Cover pan and cook 2 minutes longer or until sprouts are crisp-tender.
- Toss in pine nuts, saute 1 minute and season with salt and pepper.
Great recipe!!! Even if you are not a brussels sprouts fan, this one can win you over. Just be sure not to tell the kids its brussels sprouts their eating. :)
We all liked this one, I served it with pork cutlets. Pork and brussel sprouts are meant for each other. Made for ZWT 7. Thanks for posting