Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you turn your nose up at brussels sprouts, at least give these a try. If you already like them, you'll love them! So rich in beta carotene. They go great with so many things.
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, cored and shredded
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons grease, crumble and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter in with reserved bacon grease over medium heat.
- Add pine nuts, and cook stirring,until browned.
- Add Brussels sprouts and green onions to the pan, and season with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until sprouts are wilted and tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in crumbled bacon just before serving.