Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
... or as my husband likes to call it Thin City Cheesecake. This is so good that everyone who has tried it has asked for the recipe. I have made this as fat free as possible because you still need a little goodness for it to be cheesecake and worth it. This recipe includes gotta have cheesecake tips, if you know how to follow directions, you can't fail, the extra time left in the oven after baking is a must. This is an alteration of Chantal's New York Cheesecake on another recipe site.
- 6 fat free graham crackers, crushed
- 4 Keebler right bite shortbread sandies 100 calorie packs
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Fat Free, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). fill a 9 x 13 pan with 1 inch of water and place on the bottom rack of the oven, this keeps the cheesecake moist. Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sandies crumbs, and chopped almonds with melted butter. Press into bottom of springform pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the room temperature cream cheese, mix in sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate, don't over mix it alters texture and promotes cracking. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling onto prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until middle slightly wobbles, do not cook until brown. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.