Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this recipe because it's easy, fast and can be adapted to other meats or made vegetarian with a little improvisation. I got it from an issue of Chatelaine magazine but cannot remember which month. I changed the recipe to chicken and added more veggies...it was delicious!
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) canscampbell's reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 lb beef, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups thickly sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- Combine broth, beef, tomato paste and flour in a large heavy bottomed saucepan, mixing well.
- Heat to a boil, stirring often.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; return to boil.
- Cover; turn down heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.