Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is how I do it, if I want it fast and tasty! Serve as an afternoon snack or as a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 8 -12 pieces lumpia skins (8 x 8 )
- 1 (11 ounce) boxgoya brand ripe plantains
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, for sprinkling
- oil (for frying)
- Slice Goya ripe plaintains in half (lengthwise).
- Lay 2 sections of plantain on a lumpia wrapper.
- Sprinkle some brown sugar on the plantains.
- Wrap lumpia according to package directions.
- Deep-fry in oil until golden brown.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
My father's recipe is very similar to this one, only he uses langka (jackfruit) instead of brown sugar to sweeten the plantains. It adds a little more texture. Hope you try it and enjoy!
My husband is half-Filipino and he was craving banana lumpia. I made this for him and he loved it!