Recipe by Perfect Pixie
This is something me and my Mummy love to indulge in, very plain and simple, great on rainy days with a cup of tea
Directions See How It's Made
- You will also need 30cm x 20cm swiss-roll tin.
- pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- slice butter into a food processor bowl and add the sugar.
- whiz until soft and light and well creamed.
- add the flour and process again, using the pulse switch until dough clings together in coarse crumbs.
- turn mixture into prepared swiss-roll tin and spread out with spatula.
- press all over with floured knuckles to form an even base.
- prick with a fork.
- bake for 15 minutes or until light golden and firm to the touch.
- let shortbread base cool in the baking tin.