1/1 Photo of Shoofly Crumb Cake
1 hr 5 mins
If you like molasses, you will love this rich, moist cake. The recipe comes from a Pennsylvania Dutch restauranteur named Betty Groff and is published in an old book by her called Good Earth and Country Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flour, sugars, salt and butter to crumbs using a pastry blender or your fingers.
- 2Reserve one cup of the crumbs for topping.
- 3Mix the molasses, boiling water, and baking soda and gradually add to the major part of the crumbs until well blended.
- 4Pour this mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- 5Sprinkle the reserved 1 cup of crumbs on top.
- 6Bake in a 350 F oven for 55 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shoofly Crumb Cake
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.3
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.5 mg
- Sodium 382.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g