Recipe by Pneuma
Popular in Israel and you can use any meat, beef, or lamb. Usually prepared without any veggies on the skewers and best served with salads and pita. Preparation time assumes that the meat has been cubed. Yield depends on how small the meat is cubed
Top Review by Glenn G.
My version of this is using fresh parsley please, nice boneless chicken thigh chunks, additional spices, like sweet paparika, a little someting hot like chipoltle morita, or harrisa mix, some cilantro, and a bit of cumin in the marinade. Serve with tomato cukecumber tiny cubed with fine chopped parsely and salt and lemon juice salad. Nothing beats.
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 lbs beef steaks, cubed
- skewer, metal but wooden would do but needs to be presoaked, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- For the marinade: Combine all ingredients except the meat in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the meat to the marinade; mix and coat well.
- Marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator; drain liquid and skewer the meat.
- Broil skewers in a preheated broiler for about 7 minutes on each side or until cooked.