24 hrs 15 mins
A luscious Lebanese chicken pita sandwich much like a gyro but not so overpowering. The chicken is best when grilled but can be done in the oven; the whole thing is wrapped up in a yummy pita (the soft, flat kind, not pocket bread) with garlic-cucumber sauce plus lettuce and tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 lb white meat chicken, cubed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1Marinate chicken cubes, white wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, thyme and garlic together overnight in the refrigerator.
- 2The next day, prepare a grill or preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Thread chicken cubes onto the prepared skewers, season to taste with salt and grill or bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes, until there is no pink inside.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare the garlic-cucumber sauce by combining the diced cucumber, yogurt, garlic and salt and pepper.
- 4To serve, remove chicken from skewers. Spread pita breads with the garlic-cucumber sauce and top with lettuce, onion, tomato and the chicken cubes. Fold up and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shish Taouk Pita With Garlic - Cucumber Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.6
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 412.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar