Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
These lamb kabobs are marinated in very little oil or salt, but the flavor is lively when orange juice, lemon juice, rosemary, and garlic are added. From SparkPeople.com Calories: 248.5 Fat: 8.9 g Carbohydrates: 15.7 g Protein: 27.1 g
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs lean lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 mushrooms
- 24 large small onion
- Combine oil, broth, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, salt, rosemary, and pepper.
- Pour over lamb, tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions.
- Marinate in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- Assemble separate skewers of lamb, onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
- Broil 3 inches from heat for 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Remember, lamb and onions take longer to cook than mushrooms and tomatoes.
Made these last night-it was great! marinated it overnight and the flavor was fantastic-i was a bit worried we would have too much, but it only made about 9 kabobs with an extra veggie kabob left over-so for us it only served 4 adults. thanks for a great recipe!
I prepared this for this week's extended family dinner. Even the one person who isn't a lamb aficionado enjoyed it thoroughly. The marinade is a good mix of sweet, spicy and tangy. I only had three hours for marinating, so I think I'll start earlier next time. I did do them on the grill, as it was a nice weekend. The cooking time is the same with the grill (propane) on low heat. Because it's so easy and tasty, weâ€™ll be cooking this again.