Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
I usually make this when I have left over ham. My family loves this one and seconds are a MUST !!
Top Review by Stacky5
Shirl, this was totally awesome!!! My kids just loved it! The only difference was that we used whole milk instead of 1% low-fat....Also added and extra 1 Tbsp. butter to the hot soup. (Obviously we are not health-conscious!) Tasted so fresh, so simple to make, and just what we love! Excellent recipe -- it's a definite "Keeper" in my family! Thanks so much for sharing your family recipe! :)
- 2 cups left over ham, diced,approximately
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups partially cooked cubed potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (2 liter) container 1% low-fat milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter (about 2 tbsp) in large soup pot.
- Add the onion and ham and saute.
- Add the frozen corn and the partially cooked potatoes.
- Pour the whole container of milk into the pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer on low aprox 1 hour (don't let it boil).