- 10 dried shiitake mushrooms, broken up
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup bok choy, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot, combine onion, carrot and mushrooms. Add 5 cups water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the carrots and mushrooms are soft.
- Add sesame oil, sugar, ginger and soy sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring back to a boil, add bok choy and simmer until bok choy is tender.