This recipe was submitted by 'Sita' and won US $50 in the past week's Thursday magazine's cooking contest. It does look good in the pic:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 small squid
- 10 small prawns (shelled and finely chopped)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- toothpick, for sealing
- 1Clean and wash the squids thoroughly.
- 2(Leave the fins and tentacles for stuffing).
- 3Apply half the limejuice and salt on the squids.
- 4Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- 5Heat oil in a pan.
- 6Add the chopped onion, garlic and chillies.
- 7Fry for 1 minute (till it becomes soft).
- 8Add the chopped prawns and squids (fins and tentacles).
- 9Add the turmeric powder.
- 10Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- 11Add the tomatoes, garam masala powder and salt.
- 12Cook till it becomes dry.
- 13Finally add the corriander leaves and allow it to cool.
- 14Fill the stuffing in the squid pouch and seal it with toothpicks so that the stuffing should not spill.
- 15Shallow-fry it on low flame till golden brown.
- 16Serve with onion and lemon.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shhhhh - Memorable Stuffed Squids!
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.3
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 30.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: