Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I whipped this up yesterday with fresh corn and tomatoes from my daddy's garden. I needed a dip for a church function and got so many requests for the recipe, I decided it was easier to post it here than process 50 copies of it. The fresh tomatoes and corn REALLY made a huge difference in the flavors, so use fresh if possible.
- 3 large avocados
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh is best)
- Peel the avocado's and lightly mash them in a medium bowl.
- Add the corn, tomato and onion to the avocado mixture and blend.
- Mix in the taco seasoning, garlic salt and lime juice and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
Great flavor and fresh tasting. I used white corn I cut off the cob and decreased the taco seasoning a little. Will be making this often in the summers to come! Made for Week #8 2011 Football Win.
Yummy! I used fresh corn from the garden. Enjoyed with ciabatta crisps. Thanks! Made for your Football win! :)