Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious recipe from the Vegetarian Grill by Andrea Chesman. No need to be vegetarian to enjoy these wonderful grilled mushrooms. They may be served as an appetizer, side dish, added to an omelet or quiche, with buttered pasta or even on toast. Cooking time does not include 1 hour marinating time.
- Combine everything except the mushrooms in a large bowl.
- Add mushrooms and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate at room temperature until most of the marinade has been absorbed (about 1 hour).
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill with a lightly oiled vegetable grill rack in place.
- Grill mushrooms, tossing frequently, until well browned, tender and still juicy (about 10 minutes).
- Place mushrooms in a bowl and season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- After marinating, thread mushrooms onto bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water for a minimum of 30 minutes and grill.
- Makes a great appetizer.
Very good mushrooms. My mushrooms didn't absorb all the marinade, but I went ahead and skewered them anyway. Popped a couple into my mouth just to try, and loved the flavor. I sliced them up and topped a yummy grilled burger with them. Thanks for sharing.
This mushroom lover and two guests LOVED this easy-to-prepare dish. :) I opted for threading the mushrooms on skewers and serving them on a bed of rice. I used red wine vinegar. Always love garlic and thyme with mushrooms, and loved the subtle blend of flavours from the marinade. I shall be making this often: thanks for sharing what is now a new favourite dish!
These were good, but didn't really strike us as "really good". I expected so much more flavor given the nature of the ingredients in the marinade (and I love sherry vinegar!). I think either doubling the marinade or maybe trying it with balsamic vinegar might make the flavor come out more.