4 hrs 20 mins
This Jalapeno Mustard will add excitement to your hamburgers, hot dogs, corn dogs, pretzels or anywhere else you use regular mustard. Try in your salad dressings, on pork chops, on ham steaks, ham or corned beef sandwiches, or even grilled ham/cheese sandwiches. Also try it mixed in your favorite cheese dip, potato salad, or egg, chicken, or tuna salad. Cooking time includes time to allow flavors to develop. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast the coriander seeds in dry skillet or place seeds in flat dish and microwave on high for around 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2Crush the coriander and mustard seeds in a blender or a mortar.
- 3Mix the powdered mustard into water and blend w/ coriander and mustard seeds. Let this mixture stand for minimum 3 hours.
- 4Mix remaining ingredients and pulverize the mixture in a blender until the mixture becomes smooth.
- 5Stir this smooth puree into the mustard.
- 6Bring this mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer 5 minutes or until as thick as you like, stirring occasionally. The mustard will thicken slightly on cooling.
- 7Cover and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sherri's Jalapeno Mustard - from Scratch
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.6
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.1 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 36.1 g