Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An elegant sidedish that goes wonderfully with prime rib or any beef or lamb dish.
Make and share this Sherried Broccoli with Almonds recipe from Food.com.
- Cut broccoli into spears, removing tough lower stalks.
- Wash well.
- Cook in microwave until barely tender (2-3 minutes).
- Place in baking dish.
- Dissolve bullion in the 3/4 cup hot water.
- Stir in half and half and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan and blend in flour.
- Stir until smooth.
- Cook and stir 1 min.
- Gradually stir in bullion mxiture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in lemon juice, sherry and pepper.
- Pour over broccoli.
- Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.