Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I needed a shepherd's pie recipe for our church's VBS this past summer, and after looking through recipes on 'Zaar, I based mine on Kittencal's Cheesy Shepherd's Pie Kittencal's Cheesy Shepherd's Pie
- 680.38 g ground beef (the leaner the better)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 clove garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 453.59 g bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 283.49 g jar beef gravy
- 44.37 ml cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 44.37 ml condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 204.11 g box instant mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives
- 591.47 ml hot water
- 314.66 ml milk
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine
- 354.88 ml shredded cheese (I use a Mexican 4-cheese blend)
- For the Base:.
- Brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic together; drain.
- Cook frozen vegetables according to package directions; drain.
- Stir the vegetables into the beef mixture and add the rest of the base ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into a 13x9" baking dish.
- For the Topping:.
- Mix both pouches of instant potatoes according to the directions on the box, using the quantities of milk, butter, and hot water as listed.
- Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Spread carefully over the beef mixture to the edges of the pan, being careful to seal all the edges and corners.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and casserole is heated through (will be bubbly).