Top Review by chantellesawyer
easy recipe. Just made it, i cannot cook anything right it always goes wrong but i loved this recipe as i am a very fussy eater so i can add what i wanted as you had all the basic ingrediants. i dont like onions so i left them out and added a bit of tabasco sauce to the mince and 2 stock cubes to the mince also adding about a quarter glass of water to mince at same time & also a pinch of salt, it worked brilliantly. thank you so much, its the first thing I've ever managed to cook properly and tastes perfect :D
- 7 potatoes
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (optional)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup (condensed tomato soup is good if you can get it)
- 500 g mincemeat
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Firsly peel about 7 or so potatoes (just depending on size and amount of mashed potatoe you want on top) and place in boiling water (or a nice variation is using stock of some sort, add a nice flavour) until tender.
- Mash potatoes add butter and enough milk for smooth consistency.
- Fry the onioins and garlic in a medium frypan until tender.
- Add the Mince and cooking until browned.
- Mix in the tomato paste until fragrant and then place in the tin of soup and simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Place the mince mixture in a casserole dish or any other sort of dish you have on hand.
- Pile the mashed potatoes on top then sprinkle with grated cheese and bake in a moderate oven for around 25 minutes.