Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Again a recipe my momma made. She used leftover mashed potatoes and Velveeta cheese to melt on top. I serve a green salad and crusty french bread with this. It should serve 6 to 8 but when I had my family at home the 4 of us could polish off this casserole in one meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can string beans, drained (any style)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 6 cups mashed potatoes (instant or leftover)
- 1 -2 cup grated cheese, of choice (I use cheddar)
- Brown meat, onion, peppers and celery; drain grease.
- In a 9x13-inch pan mix meat, string beans and canned soup.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover meat with mashed potatoes.
- Be sure to spread to edges of the pan to seal.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Top with grated cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.