Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an old recipe. One we have always liked. Hope you enjoy it as well. It came from an Old Farmers cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped (aprox 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (16 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine beef with eggs, worchestershire, salt, pepper garlic powder and onion.
- Melt butter in skillet and cook beef mixture in that until browned.
- Add vegetables and tomato paste to meat.
- Put in casserole dish and bake in 325 oven for 1 hour.
- remove and place potatoes and cheese on top of dish, continue baking till cheese melts.
Easy and delicious, I put the potatoes and cheese on top and it only needed to be cooked in the oven for 20 mins.
Another pick your chef recipe. I scaled recipe down to 4 servings,but used the 2 cups mashed potatoes.I had made mashed potatoes the night before,so made extra for this dish.Instead of putting the potatoes and chesse on the side,I put the potatoes and cheese on the top.I used 1 can of peas and carrots,instead of the mixed vegetables(personal preference). Thank you for posting.
This was a nice variation of Shepherds Pie. I used frozen veggies instead of canned and I didn't have tomato paste so I used a can of diced tomatoes. I mixed the cheese into the potatoes by mistake and the flavor of the cheese was lost but I really didn't miss it. I would probably leave the cheese out next time altogether.