Recipe by McWilliamsFamily
My Mother used to make this for us all the time. Now I make it for my kids and they have to have it at least once a week. Simple but great tasting. Good for large families on a budget!
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potatoes. Place in large pot with water and 1 tbsp of kosher salt. Boil until potatoes are soft(do not overcook). Drain wayer and add milk, can't believe it's not butter and kosher salt. Mash until well combined and smooth.
- Preheat over to 375.
- Finely chop onion and cook on med-hi heat until transparent. Add ground beef and brown. Drain fat.
- Open and drain can of whole kernel corn. Then in a bowl mix together cream corn and whole kernel corn.
- Place cooked ground beef and onion mixture in bottom of casarole dish as the first layer. For the next layer pour corn mixture on top. Then, spread mashed potatoes on the top for the final layer. Sprinkle Itilian dressing on top and place in oven for 25 min or until mashed potatoes start to brown on top.