Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my father's very own recipe. My whole family loves it and I substitute green beans in place of the string beans. Enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package string beans, frozen
- 1 (8 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water, cool
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package instant mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground beef and onion together in a skillet, drain.
- Add string beans and continue stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix cornstarch, water and flour together in a small bowl until thoroughly smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture and onion soup mix to ground beef.
- Return to heat to thicken.
- Put the ground beef mixture in a casserole dish and spread out.
- Add potatoes (made according to directions) and spread over top of ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle paprika on top of potatoes.
- Bake for one hour and serve.