1/5 Photos of Shepherd's Pie
I prefer pork with this however this is the "English way" according to my X-mother-in-law.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and boil spuds like you would for mashed.
- 2Peel and finely chop onion.
- 3Heat oil in a large frying pan and add onion.
- 4Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- 5Peel and mince garlic, add to pan along with lamb.
- 6Cook for 5 minutes stirring often.
- 7Mash spuds with butter and milk.
- 8Season to taste.
- 9Cover the bottom of an casserole dish with half of the mashed potato, then meat then spread or pipe on the remaining spuds.
- 10Grate cheese, dot with butter and bake for 15 minutes at 425* or until the top is well browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.6
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 140.1 mg
- Sodium 407.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 40.3 g