Recipe by Shawn C
post and courier Holiday cookbook from 1988. from the Charleston SC area, we love our blue crabs. of course you need fresh LIVE crabs!! and cook them or get lump crab meat that is cooked and picked clean. if you use the fresh crabs and cook them your self then of course you get to use the crab shell to serve them in
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml bell pepper, chopped
- 453.59 g fresh crabmeat (or 12 large cooked blue crabs)
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 1.23 ml mace
- 12 saltine crackers, crushed
- 6-8 crab shells, optional. see note
Directions See How It's Made
- to prepae shells for serving, bake the cleaned shells in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- saute onion and bell pepper in butter over medium heat until soft and translucent.
- remove from heat.
- in a large bowl, combine onion mixture with remaining ingredients, except for shells of course.
- spoon mixture into shells or a small oven proof serving cup.
- bake at 350 for 15 minutes.