Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I adopted this recipe after my friend, Shelly, departed this site; she originally submitted this. Shelly's comments: "Good, simple bean dip. Can put slow cooker on low for a longer time if you wish. Only makes about 2 cups so can easily double if you need more."
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- Mix ingredients together in slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker on high for an hour or two until cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This was exactly the recipe I was looking for, it sounded so good. I did double the recipe, warning with doubling, it makes a lot. This recipe is very heavy and very filling. At the same time it seems to have something lacking. Perhaps adding something chilled such as sour cream, salsa or fresh lettuce and tomatoes, would give this recipe the punch it needs. The recipe is very easy, I will probably try this again with the condiments mentioned. As to the "how filling is it?" I made it as a snack for husband while watching a baseball game. We didn't make dinner, LOL =) Thank you very much for sharing this recipe.
Excellent dip shelly!I did double the recipe because I took this to work and everyone loved it.Thanks for a great recipe.