- 4 cups escarole, torn (or other greens)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine greens and broth in a large saucepan. Cook, covered for about 20 minutes or until tender. Stir and add more liquid (water or broth) as needed.
- The greens should be soupy if cooked at a low enough temperature.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet. Saute the garlic, about 3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper; let stand off heat.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta and greens together. Drizzle with hot oil and toss again.