Recipe by mabers
I used to make this all the time at this time of year when the family was all at home. It is a really good recipe given to me by my late friend Barbara some 30 years ago.
- 3 quarts cucumbers
- 1 quart onion
- 3 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1st 4 ingredients through food chopper.
- Add 1/2 cup salt and pour boiling water over; mix well.
- Leave overnight and add remaining ingredients.
- Thicken with 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch and boil 15 minutes.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars.
- Unfortunately I have no yield on this recipe (but had to fill in a quantity to submit), and I kept it all in the refrigerator, eliminating the dreaded "canning".
- This makes a nice gift, so maybe it won't stay in the frig too long.