Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is truly delicious !! Recipe from a local tv Sports Specialist. It is even better the next day if you can wait that long.
- 8 pieces chicken, with skin on
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil (enough to coat chicken)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (as much as you like, you don't want it to overpower the honey added later)
- 1 teaspoon hot spicy Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (as much as you like, once again not to overpower the overall dish)
- corn flakes, crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, mix the oil and spices.
- Lightly coat chicken pieces.
- Place corn flake crumbs in a brown paper bag (doubled), drop chicken pieces in and shake Bake chicken for 30 mins, then 15 minutes before the chicken is done, pull the pieces out of the oven.
- Drip honey over chicken, about 1.5 tbsp per piece, trick is not to soak them, generously coat.
- Return chicken to oven until done.
- Then turn oven to broil for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Take chicken out and let it cool completely.
- Shane Tip: It’s better cold the next day.