Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Browned butter, shallots, sage and potatoes. Euphoria! Serving size and times are estimated.
Top Review by breezermom
The browned butter and shallots made this dish.....I made a half size, but think I may have shortchanged the butter a bit. Also used freshed minced garlic with the shallots instead of garlic powder. Yummy, yummy! Made for Best of Tags.
- 3 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes (or other waxy, not starchy, variety)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the potatoes and slice into roughly 1/2"x1"x1" pieces.
- Place in a pot and cover with water by 1 inch.
- Boil until fork tender, but not overdone. Unlike more starchy potatoes, these will hold up well when folded with the butter, but not if overcooked.
- Melt/brown butter over medium-high heat. When the bubbles subside, reduce heat to medium, add shallots and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add sage, salt and garlic powder and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Drain potatoes and drizzle on the browned butter mixture (or however much of it you please), then fold it all gently together.