Recipe by Kim D.
I adoped this recipes from Recipezaar. However, I remember my mother making this same recipe for us when we were kids. It's not a "gourmet" recipe, but it's simple and good - great for a quick weekday meal!
Top Review by J-Lynn
I thought this was very good, very easy... and it wasn't too bad-looking! The rice stays on the bottom so the finished casserole looks layered. I made a half the recipe but cooked it for the same amount of time, and it got a little too dry. I think next time I'd like to increase the flavor by using more than half the can of tomato soup, but same amount of water.
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup corn (canned or frozen)
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can tomato soup, mixed with
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 -4 slices bacon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease casserole dish.
- Place all ingredients in casserole dish, one at a time, in the order they are listed in.
- (Seven layers, starting with rice and ending with bacon.) Bake, covered, for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer.