Prep 2 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 2 cups unflavored soymilk
- 3 tablespoons sesame paste (tahini)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon agar-agar
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth (let machine run at least 1 minute).
- Pour mixture into a saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly but gently with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until mixture comes to a boil.
- Lower heat down to simmer, cook until it thickens (3-5 minutes).
- Pour through a strainer into a container.
- Knock container on counter to remove any air bubble.
- Let cool, then refrigerate.
- If chilled for more than 1 hour, take it out to bring to room temperature.
- Serve with wasabi paste and soy sauce.