Recipe by Japanese Delight
Ina Garten recipe
Top Review by mama smurf
Delicious...of course I love snow peas! I cut the recipe down for DH and I and I did put the snow peas in the micro for a few minutes instead of a pan with boiling water to blanch. Other than that I did follow the instructions and I will be making these again. Served with recipe#507211#507211, sweet potatoes, roasted radishes and recipe#391901#391901.
- 1 lb fresh snow pea, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup diagonally sliced green onion (white parts only)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the snow peas and blanch for 30 to 45 seconds. Remove the peas from the water with a slotted spoon and plunge into an ice bath, stirring until completely cooled. Remove from the ice bath and pat the snow peas completely dry.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the peanut and sesame oils over medium-high heat.
- Add the green onions and cook, stirring, until soft, 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the snow peas and Sriracha and cook just until heated through, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and toss the sesame seeds into the snow pea mixture. Serve immediately.