Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Grilled shrimp skewers with an easy, tasty glaze.
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- bamboo skewer
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. While skewers are soaking, preheat grill for high heat.
- In a small saucepan, combine lime juice, water, sugar, ginger and soy sauce. Cook over high heat until about 1/4 cup of liquid remains. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix chile powder, salt and pepper. Put the shrimp in a large bowl and add oil and spices. Toss to coat. Thread shrimp on bamboo skewers through both head and tail ends.
- Grill shrimp directly over high heat, with lid closed, until slightly firm on surface and opaque in center (3-4 minutes). Remove from grill and carefully slide shrimp off skewers into clean bowl. Drizzle some of the glaze over shrimp. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Serve warm.