Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
Careful! These are addicting! A great appetizer or main meal! Cook time is for each batch.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour (about)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- sunflower oil (for frying)
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over fairly high heat.
- Mix bread crumbs and sesame seeds in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- Dredge in egg, and then in bread crumb/sesame mixture.
- The shrimp can be made ahead up to this point and refrigerated until ready to fry.
- Fry 2 minutes or until the poppers brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with dipping sauces-sweet and sour, chutney, tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, garlic mayo.