Sesame Cheddar Olive Poppers
photo by TigerJo
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted (sift first, then measure)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 24 pimento-stuffed green olives, small to medium, drained & patted dry (if you don't, the dough won't want to stick)
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds (white, black, or a mixture of both)
- Preheat oven to 400°F Beat grated cheese and butter together in a mixer or food processor, then stir in the flour and cayenne.
- Shape dough into a log shape, and slice into exactly how many olives you have. After a making a few, you will get a feel for how much dough you need for each olive.
- Use the thumb of one hand to press each piece of dough into a flat pancake, then press the dough around an olive, covering it well and rolling the dough into a ball with your palms.
- Place sesame seeds in a small bowl; roll each ball in the seeds, then place on an ungreased cookie sheet; bake for 15 minutes; serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!