3 hrs 35 mins
3 hrs 15 mins
I got this recipe From an ad for McCormick spices in a Martha Stewart Living magazine. The colors and the flavors are wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless beef short ribs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 onions, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 parsnips, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle root beer
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1Coat short ribs with flour.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in 5 quart Dutch oven and brown beef pieces over medium-high heat.
- 3Remove from Dutch oven and set aside.
- 4Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in Dutch oven on medium heat. Add garlic, celery, onions, and parsnips and stir 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5Add root beer, water, bouillon cubes, tomato paste, vinegar, bay leaves, 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds, sea salt, and black pepper and bring to boil.
- 6Return beef to pot and stir and cover.
- 7Braise in 300F oven for 2 hours.
- 8Add sweet potatoes and cook for and additional hour.
- 9Top with remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Root Beer Braised Short Ribs and Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 870.7
- Calories from Fat 595
- Total Fat 66.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 129.3 mg
- Sodium 638.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: