1 hr 30 mins
This is a super wonderful and colourful pasta salad that tastes spicy. It can be made upto 24 hours ahead, covered and refrigerated until ready to serve. The snow peas are to be added shortly before the salad will be served. Use pasta preferably made from whole wheat or brown rice flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked and drained spinach-flavoured rotelle pasta (spiral pasta)
- 1 cup whole snow peas, stems removed
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon dark sesame oil (roasted)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash dried dill
- 3 lettuce leaves, for lining the serving dish
- 1In a large salad bowl, toss together all the ingredients except the lettuce leaves.
- 2Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Check to see if the seasoning is to your taste. Adjust accordingly.
- 4Add a few drops of lemon juice or tamari or soy sauce.
- 5Line 4 serving bowls with lettuce leaves.
- 6Spoon salad into each and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Pasta Salad With Red Peppers and Snow Peas
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: