Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a super wonderful and colourful pasta salad that tastes spicy. It can be made upto 24 hours ahead, covered and refrigerated until ready to serve. The snow peas are to be added shortly before the salad will be served. Use pasta preferably made from whole wheat or brown rice flour.
- 4 cups cooked and drained spinach-flavoured rotelle pasta (spiral pasta)
- 1 cup whole snow peas, stems removed
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dark sesame oil (roasted)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash dried dill
- 3 lettuce leaves, for lining the serving dish
- In a large salad bowl, toss together all the ingredients except the lettuce leaves.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Check to see if the seasoning is to your taste. Adjust accordingly.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice or tamari or soy sauce.
- Line 4 serving bowls with lettuce leaves.
- Spoon salad into each and serve.
Loved it! I reduced the cayenne pepper. I omitted the garlic and grated onion. Instead I diced some green onion to give it a more oriental ?look.? Thank you for this great recipe I will definitely make it again.