Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Everyday with RR. I’m typing it up for ZWT II. This is a great blend of flavors. It makes a thin dressing. This would also be good with plain rice.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon tomatoes, finely chopped
- 7 ounces mixed salad greens
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds, shaking often, for 2-3 minutes. Immediately remove from the pan.
- Combine the toasted seeds with the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and tomato and blend. Toss with the salad greens and serve.
A perfect side salad for Asian-style grilled meats! Quick and easy to make, too. I added chopped scallions to my lettuce mixture, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. You could also make a quick, healthy meal out of this, by simply adding leftover cooked chicken, beef or shrimp. Cucumbers would be nice in this as well. I will try that. Thanx for sharing!
This was just okay for us. I love all of the ingredients used in the dressing, so I thought I would really enjoy it. As written, the soy sauce and rice vinegar overpower the other dressing ingredients and I was unable to taste anything else. I would suggest adding more sugar and sesame oil and toning down the vinegar and soy sauce, especially if you prefer dressings that are a little sweeter. Thanks for posting!
AWESOME recipe! The dressing is perfect! I added some mandarin oranges and sliced almonds to the salad. The dressing is excellent over some sticky calrose rice too!