Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious, quick cooking version of the classic oven baked chicken.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄4 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place a chicken breast in a heavy zip lock bag and with a meat mallet, or rolling pin, flatten to 1/4 inch thickness. Repeat with all the chicken.
- In a small bowl, blend the oil, butter and mustard.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and the next 5 ingredients in a shallow dish, stirring well.
- Dip the chicken first in the oil/mustard mixture then dredge in the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Place breasts on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or aluminium foil, lightly oiled.
- Bake chicken at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until coating is golden.
This baked chicken dish has an unique flavor. Very tasty. The crust was softer than I expected, but the lower baking temperature is probably the reason. We will have this dish again.