1/1 Photo of Sesame Crusted Fish
Pot Scrubber's Note:
This is a terrific and simple fish dish. I've made it for many years. This is best with a flaky fish such as cod or snapper but tilapia will work, too. A Jeff Smith/Frugal Gourmet recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Marinate fish in the soy and sesame oil for 15 minutes.
- 2Drain and dust the fish in flour.
- 3Dip into the egg and then roll in the sesame seeds.
- 4Deep fry the pieces in 360 degree oil for 4 or 5 minutes. No longer -- the sesame seeds scorch easily and will be bitter.
- 5Make a simple dipping sauce with some soy sauce diluted with about a 50/50 ratio of water and some fresh grated ginger. Delicious!
- 6You may need to cook this in two batches so that the temperature of the oil doesn't plummet. The oil needs to maintain a constant 360 temperature if possible.
Browse Our Top Whitefish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Crusted Fish
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.7
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 114.2 mg
- Sodium 404.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 39.9 g