Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is another really quick recipe to make with the end resulting in a lovely tender lamb fillet. I cooked this in a frying pan but this could also be cooked on the BBQ. I do not like my lamb overcooked and like it pink in the centre. I cook mine about 5-8 Min's a side depending on the thickness. I then cover it and let it stand for a further 5 Min's, this additional standing time cooks the lamb just the way I like, but cook as you prefer. I served mine with French Tart's Saffron Scented Fruity Yellow Rice - Rice Cooker which went really well with this.
Top Review by KayBabe
Very easy and fast. I made this for two and used 1/3 of the ingredients. I pan-fried the filet for 2 min. per side on med-high, and then for 2 min. more per side on med-low, followed by a 5-min rest before slicing. Delicious.
- 4 lamb fillets (about 200g each)
- 3⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sesame seeds, chili flakes and parsley in a bowl.
- Combine lamb fillets in a large bowl with the oil.
- Place lamb one at a time in sesame seed mixture and coat each fillet all over.
- Cook either on a lightly oiled grill plate, fry pan, or on the BBQ until browned on both sides and cooked as desired. Cover and stand 5 Min's then slice thickly.
- I served mine over fruity saffron rice, but it also goes well with a crisp green salad topped with tomatoes and bocconcini.