Moroccan Lamb Fillet (Backstrap)
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 lamb fillets (backstrap)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon harissa
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in bowl, add lamb and turn to coat each fillet well. Marinade several hours in the fridge.
- Heat a little oil on a grill plate or fry pan, add lamb and cook each side until browned and cooked as desired. (mine were quite thick and it was about 4-5 Min's a side to get a nice pink center.).
- Remove lamb from heat and allow to rest 5 Min's, slice thickly and serve.
- Serve lamb over couscous with a mint yogurt sauce.
Join The Conversation
I made this for Hubby and Little Miss (DD). (I don't eat red meat so I made Recipe #226157 for myself). Both hubby and Little Miss really enjoyed the flavour. Hubby said the lamb was very tender and had the right amount of spice. Served it with wilted spinach and cous cous. Thanks so much for posting your recipe The Flying Chef