Easy to make, tastes like a special dinner you fussed over. I like to serve over Jasmine rice. I do use 2 large chicken breasts when there is just the two of us, that gives us more sauce.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour mix, shake off excess.
- Spray skillet with non-stack spray.
- Add chicken to warm skillet and cook till done.
- Transfer to holding plate.
- Reduce heat combine the soy sauce and sugar in skillet and cook until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in sesame seeds and sesame oil.
- And add chicken to pan to re-heat and coat with sauce.
- Transfer to serving plate and garnish with chives.
This was so good, a definite hit!
I agree that this recipe is a good starting formula that could use some extra ingredients. I added liquid honey to the sauce and it was excellent!
Sesame chicken is one of my favorite chinese dishes, one that I always order when we get takeout. This recipe is just as good as a restaurant's! I did add some garlic (about one clove per breast of chicken) and hot pepper flakes and doubled the sauce so we'd have enough to spoon over rice. I also cooked the sauce a little longer to make it more syrup-y. My whole family loved this, and it was so easy to make.