1/1 Photo of Sesame Candy
Candy made with sesame! Easy and oh so good! From Paula's Home Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash sesame seeds and remove any debris that may be in the seeds and drain well.
- 2Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat until a drop of water bounces around the skillet.
- 3Pour seeds into skillet and stir constantly.
- 4Dry and parch seeds until light brown, approximately 2 minutes.
- 5Watch closely, do not burn seeds.
- 6In a heavy saucepan, combine and melt the sugar, butter, milk and vinegar.
- 7Using a wooden spoon, stir constantly until ingredients are dissolved.
- 8Cook over medium high heat to light crack stage.
- 9If using a candy thermometer, the temperature should be between 265 and 285 degrees F.
- 10Once it reaches the desired temperature, remove from heat and beat in the sesame seeds with your spoon.
- 11Pour immediately into prepared an 11 by 2-inch pyrex baking dish.
- 12Score candy while still warm and cut into squares when cool.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Candy
Serving Size: 1 (763 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.5
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 17.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g