Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Candy made with sesame! Easy and oh so good! From Paula's Home Cooking.
Make and share this Sesame Candy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (1 lb) box light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- butter, for pan
- Wash sesame seeds and remove any debris that may be in the seeds and drain well.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat until a drop of water bounces around the skillet.
- Pour seeds into skillet and stir constantly.
- Dry and parch seeds until light brown, approximately 2 minutes.
- Watch closely, do not burn seeds.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine and melt the sugar, butter, milk and vinegar.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir constantly until ingredients are dissolved.
- Cook over medium high heat to light crack stage.
- If using a candy thermometer, the temperature should be between 265 and 285 degrees F.
- Once it reaches the desired temperature, remove from heat and beat in the sesame seeds with your spoon.
- Pour immediately into prepared an 11 by 2-inch pyrex baking dish.
- Score candy while still warm and cut into squares when cool.
This is a wonderful candy! I prepared 2 batches of this. One exactly as given here. To the other batch, I added 1 1/2 cups of grated coconut and mixed it well with my fingers. Then, I rolled it into balls - got 12 of them. They look quite like chocolate frogs and are very tasty- very addictive! Thank you very much for sharing this:)